Adding extra holiday activities onto my schedule can be stressful. Who am I kidding? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I feel the pressing burden of extra cooking, decorating, socializing, and gift buying. Place this on top of my regular day that’s already bursting at the scheduled seams, and I’m ready to be committed.
I’ll take death by chocolate, please.
Here are seven tips:
- Grab the crockpot and head over to the slow cooker section of allrecipes.com.
- Need a blog post? The next time you make your best holiday cookies or dish, snap photos with your phone and document. Share the tips with your readers.
- Download shopping apps onto your smartphone. One example is the Amazon app on my iPhone. I can scan a barcode, snap a photo, or type in the search box for any item and shop from my phone. If I’m standing in line somewhere, I can do my holiday gift buying.
- Make a list of author needs for the person who will ask for a gift list. Keep this on your phone where you can email it.
- Love homemade gifts but don’t have time to make them? Shop on a service like Etsy.com . I have the app on my phone and find items that are personable, affordable, and unique.
- Hire someone to help with your author duties. Pick your least favorite or most time-consuming task and let someone else do it for a fee. Marketing? Services like Bewitching Book Tours and Grapevine Book Tours can arrange your promotion.
- Purchase gift cards for your favorite stores and restaurants while at the grocery store. Then, you’ll have them on hand if you need a last minute gift. If you don’t end up needing it as a gift, you can always use it yourself.
Have any tips to share?
*I have no affiliation with any of the businesses listed above.
BIO: Brinda lives in the southern US with her family and two spunky cairn terriers. She’s terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality.
WEB BLOG FACEBOOK TWITTER GOODREADS YOUTUBE