Does everybody have on their spandex, tennies and sweat bands? Or in this case, your fingers, brain and computer? Or heck, even a pen and a piece of paper?
We all know…and if you did’t, you do now…muscle (and bone) strength comes from a healthy diet and weight bearing exercises. Since it is a new year, many are taking a hard look at their physical selves, and perhaps making changes where they see fit (or unfit). But what about your metal health?
Just like your smoking’ hot quads and biceps your brain needs exercise too.
Yep, we’re going to put your beautiful brain to work. I’m not one for math. So, I’ll give you a list of writing exercises from which to choose. It’s time to put all those daydreamed thoughts to use. Let’s get those neurons firing! Grab your pen or keyboard and get ready.
- Keep a journal for one week. Commit to writing at least 100 words once a day about whatever the heck moves your pen or fingers. No grammatical expectations here. Just let your mind soar!
- Pen a short story about one of the pictures above.
- What is your favorite thing in the whole wide world, not person…thing? Write it a love letter.
- Describe your world in 250 words or less.
- Write a poem about your week.
Megan Mitcham, Author