I’m taking over for our very own Cynthia D’Alba today and talking about our Facebook fun! Waning are the days of multi-city book release tours and in are the multi-blog tours and social media gatherings. Cynthia and I were lucky enough to be included among thirteen other talented authors in the new release, Cowboy Heat. Since we span several states and countries the logistics of getting all of us in the same place was ridiculous. So, we scheduled a party on Facebook.
How to set up a Facebook Party:
1. Go to your Facebook profile
2. Click on Events
3. Click Create Event at the top tool bar
4. Schedule your P.A.R.T.Y.
5. Upload your cover photo. We took our blog banner and added each of our story titles and names and used them for our hour.
6. Invite everyone you know
7. Have your friends invite everyone they know
8. Remind your friends the day before and day of the party
9. Since there were 15 of us we each took one host hour. If it’s you alone schedule your party for a two hour max.
10. Pre-plan subject matter to stimulate “conversation” or comments
11. Plan to give some things away. Not your first born or even a Kindle paperwhite. In candid conversations with many authors and readers, we discovered people don’t care what they win as long as they have the opportunity to win something. Swag. Ebooks. Low increment gift cards.
12. Buckle in for your allotted time and prepare to have F.U.N.
13. Prepare a light schedule after the party because you’ll be wiped in the best way!
Our Cowboy Heat Release Party was a huge success. What does success look like to us? We spread the word about our release, met new and amazing people, shared some laughs, had stimulating conversation and gained some new followers/friends for our own social media profiles. Good luck with your next Facebook party! Invite me. They’re fun!
Megan Mitcham, Author