I spent the weekend formatting my print book for my upcoming release, Tempting Fate. It was much easier than my last book. I almost had a breakdown while formatting Chasing Luck. This time, I decided to use a different Word template and tried one from www.selfpub.info.
As you can see, I got all wild and inserted chapter headers. I made an entire set of images for my series that I can use every time I format a print version.
I used Picmonkey.com to make my header graphics. You can use any graphics program, but PicMonkey is free and has some great choices for scrolls and lines. I also used the same font as the cover designer, so it matches. I made scene break images as well.
Be sure to save the images in the highest resolution possible. PicMonkey calls the setting ‘Sean.’ I saved the images in the exact size I’d be using, 313 x 234. This ensured I wouldn’t need to resize anything.
It was a very satisfying task, and I look forward to having the print book in my hands!
BIO: Brinda lives in the southern US with her family and two spunky cairn terriers. She’s terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality.