It’s holiday time. You’ve probably been out shopping your little fingers to the bone. Giving the credit card a real workout.
Buying a gift for the writer this season? Need a gift for me? I know it’s a real dilemma. Since I’m a giving sort of person, I’d like to share my Christmas shopping ideas.
- IDEA #1: A frameable quote for the writer’s den. Here’s a sample of one from Noteworthy Quotes on Etsy. $5 to download, plus you’ll need to buy an 8×10 frame for it.
- IDEA #2: Writers are notorious coffee and tea drinkers. We welcome mugs of all shapes and sizes. Here’s one from PhotoCeramics for $15.25:
- IDEA #3: Writers are sometimes forced to leave the house wearing more than pajamas. For the adventurous writer who braves this adventure….jewelry from Jezebel Charms. “Fond of Books” charm necklace- $32.
- IDEA #4: This beauty from Red Bubble. No, not the guy. The ” I am a writer. That means I live with unrealistic expectations. Thank you for understanding.” shirt. $25.84
- IDEA #5: Want a more practical gift? How about software or an online subscription:
- Scrivener Writing Software, $40 (software download)
- Autocrit Manuscript Editing online subscription, starts at $5 monthly
- Dropbox Pro cloud storage, $9.99 + tax monthly
I hope this gives you some great ideas for the special writer in your life. And Santa? That necklace is calling my name…
Do you have any gift suggestions for writers?
Brinda Berry lives in the southern US with her family. She’s obsessed with cairn terriers, Kings of Leon, new technology and sandy beaches. She’s also terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality.